What is and isn’t acceptable?
Keep your submissions relevant to the topic and be civil.
- Racist, sexist and offensive language;
- Hate speech;
- Sexually explicit content;
- Personal attacks and defamatory statements;
- Breaking copyright rules (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution);
- Violating someone’s privacy, e.g. by providing personal information such as phone numbers and e-mail addresses;
- Threats or harassment;
- Insensitive comments;
- Posting press releases and commercial promotions; and
- Anything illegal.
How are comments moderated?
We do not edit comments or posts, however replies that are inappropriate, off topic or hateful may be deleted. Threatening comments or posts may be disclosed to law enforcement authorities.
What if I see a comment I don’t like?
If you disagree with a comment, you are welcome to respond. If you feel someone has said something inappropriate, off topic, hateful or threatening, contact us to let us know.
The Official Languages Act, the Official Languages (Communications with and Services to the Public) Regulations and Treasury Board policy requirements establish when we use both English and French to provide services to or communicate with members of the public. In the case of comments submitted by users, there is no obligation to provide them in both official languages. Therefore, this content may be available in one official language only.
Google Analytics and your computer
This website Google Analytics, a Web analytics service provided by Google Inc. This tool helps us measure traffic patterns to, from, and within this site. No personally identifying information is recorded or provided to Google. This anonymous information is only made available to designated staff to help us make this site more useful to visitors.
Images posted on the website through the Instagram platform will not be edited or altered by us.